jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject performance tests for PersistenceManager(s)
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 17:00:48 GMT
hi guys,

I've been looking at adding a new test to the performance suite, for the
PersistenceManager.
This will help with evaluating the impact of the statistics code I'm working
on.

The test should be simple enough: add 1000 nodes, each containing a property
with 10KB of data.

The problem is now that the PM implementations have changed, so providing a
test that will work with all of JR's versions is impossible. I've managed to
build one for the base version (1.6.2) using the InMemPersistenceManager
which fails for JR 1.0, thus failing the entire test suite.

What is the best way to exclude a test from a version down? (or include it
from a version up, for that matter :)

It will probably have to take into account that with the code's evolution
also came some improvements, which the test cannot leverage if the JR
version is fixed at 1.6, so it would be interesting to have different
versions of the test for different JR versions.

thanks,
alex