jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From rosselet <ati.rosse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: baseline/configuration sub-tree as frozen-node rep:version references?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 22:34:27 GMT
Jukka,
Aha.. so I'm not completely off in left field.. good. I think.
So basically, to be able to reconstruct the structure at a given
configuration version, I would have to add extra information to the nodes -
for instance an order index to retain child ordering, and/or our node type
(to determine parent/child relationships).  In our case we need multiple
"snapshots" to be able to state that when a new version of parent (A) was
committed (some change), exactly which subnodes and what version of those
subnodes were currently "active" - to be able to get a point in time state
of the tree.  Luckily we're only talking about a 2-3 level deep sub-node
with a multiplicity only at the bottom level... so I guess we can manually
reconstruct the tree from the frozon node references.

I had assumed that this was not just for restoring PIT snapshots, but also
for accessing and using the different PIT snapshot versions (if we didn't
need to be able to independantly add new versions of the nodes at each
level, I'd just go with only versioning the root of the subnode and using
OVP=COPY).

Again.. thank you. Having the source code really helps, but confirmation
from someone who knows what that code DOES (or is supposed to do :)) is
great.
Cheers
Ati Rosselet