jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Slobodan Vukovic <svuko...@Infosistem.hr>
Subject AccessControlManagerget - Privileges(path) method problem
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 14:24:48 GMT
Hi all!

This is my first post to Jackrabbit dev. For start, I must say thank you to Jackrabbit dev
team for great job that thy do it.
I’m working with Jackrabbit for past three months and since now it was nice ride.
I’m using ‘DefaultAccessManager’ and resource-based ACL-s in my project.
My users are divided to couple of the groups and that groups are used in my ACL together with
my users. For example group ‘DEV’ contains ‘tom’ user.
The ACL for ‘/dev_folder’ node is set to:
DEV – jcr:write
tom – jcr:read

The code I’m using for retriving privileges:

Session session=...created with ‘tom’ credentials;
AccessControlManager accessControlManager = session.getAccessControlManager();
Privilege[] privileges = accessControlManager.getPrivileges(dev_folder_path);

Privileges returned from getPrivileges method are „jcr:read“.
My expectations were “jcr:write” since DEV group has “jcr:write” privilege on that
node, am I missing something?

All so if ‘tom’ user is in two groups, DEV and USR and ACL on same node is:
DEV – jcr:write
USR – jcr:read

The same code above(session created with ‘tom’ credentials) return “jcr:read” privilege,
again I expected “jcr:write” since user ‘tom’ is member of DEV group.

Can somebody put me on the right path, please?

Slobodan Vuković
Projektant informacijskih sustava | Dokumentacijski sustavi
INFOSISTEM d.d. H  Ivana Šibla 15. 10020 Zagreb, HR | www.infosistem.hr<http://www.infosistem.hr/>
•  svukovic@infosistem.hr<mailto:svukovic@infosistem.hr> | • +385 (0)1 6500 245