jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More frequent releases
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:32:56 GMT

Sounds like we have rough consensus. I'll follow up with the 2.3.0
release plan based on this.

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yet, I still see a big issue in just cutting full-fledged releases,
> keeping version numbers of all modules in sync.

I hear you, but for now I don't think we have the release management
muscle to properly manage too many concurrent release cycles. We tried
this during 1.4 and 1.5 with the Jackrabbit Commons initiative, but
the effort pretty much died down due to the required extra overhead.
Unless people are willing to invest the extra effort I suggest we
stick with the synchronized release model for now.

Instead, see JCR-3073 for an effort to better manage and version the
public API packages within Jackrabbit. That should address the needs
of OSGi deployments with less overhead for us.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message