jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject On backporting and related topics
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:01:10 GMT
Hi,

This comes up every now and then, so I now took some time to update
our documentation about release planning, issue workflows and
backporting. See especially the new "Issue workflow" section in [1]
and the "Release planning" section in [2]. On a related note I also
updated the roadmap page [3] to better reflect our current release
plans. As usual, improvements welcome.

To summarize my recommended issue tracking / backporting workflow from
a committer perspective:

* After committing a fix, resolve the relevant issue as fixed and set
the fix version to the next release version

* If the fix needs to be backported, merge the change to the relevant
maintenance branch and add the respective next maintenance release
version to the fix version field of the issue

* To get the next release version of trunk or a maintenance branch,
just drop the -SNAPSHOT suffix from the build version. For example in
trunk that currently results in 2.3.1 (the 2.3.0 release candidate was
already cut) and in the 2.2 branch the next release will be 2.2.10.

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/issue-tracker.html
[2] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/creating-releases.html
[3] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-roadmap.html

BR,