jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Jackrabbit 2.3.0 release plan (Was: More frequent releases)
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:44:14 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like we have rough consensus. I'll follow up with the 2.3.0
> release plan based on this.

There are still a few open issues in Jira targeted for 2.3.0 [1].
However, since according to the above plan the 2.3.0 release will be
considered unstable and we'll be cutting also the other 2.3.x releases
from the trunk, I don't consider any of the remaining issues as
blockers for 2.3.0.

Thus I'm planning to cut the 2.3.0 release from the latest trunk on
Tuesday next week. My only hard requirements for the release is that
it must build cleanly and pass the full -PintegrationTesting test
suite. We can always release 2.3.1, 2.3.2, etc. with changes that
don't make it in the 2.3.0 release.

The next stable Jackrabbit release, 2.4, will be branched out of trunk
later on when appropriate. The 2.4.x releases will follow our
traditional bugfixes-only policy for maintenance branches. I'll follow
up with more detailed plans for 2.4 once it looks like the time is
ripe for the next stable release, probably sometime later this year.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR/fixforversion/12315901

BR,

Jukka Zitting