jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit-trunk - Build # 1652 - Failure
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:59:15 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Apache Jenkins Server
<jenkins@builds.apache.org> wrote:
> The Apache Jenkins build system has built Jackrabbit-trunk (build #1652)

> Check console output at https://builds.apache.org/job/Jackrabbit-trunk/1652/
> to view the results.

That's pretty interesting... Apparently there's a difference in how
Java 5 and Java 6 compile enum types. I think I used Java 6 when
releasing Jackrabbit 2.2.0, and as a result the new clirr checks (see
JCR-3073) flag a backwards incompatible enum type change when the
latest trunk is compiled with Java 5. No problems are reported when
building on Java 6.

I worked around this in revision 1170711 by simply excluding the
troublesome enum types from the clirr checks.

BR,

Jukka Zitting