jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 3.x to run with JR 2.2.8 ?
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 09:46:33 GMT

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Jakub Liska <liska.jakub@gmail.com> wrote:
> does anybody know when 2.3.0 version of Jackrabbit is out ?

We haven't yet set a release date, but I'd expect something around the
end of the year.

> The problem is that a lot of application is using Lucene 3.x or 3.1.x and
> Jackrabbit is quite incompatible with this version ... It still uses 2.4
> version of lucene which is a huge step down from lucene 3.3.

Have you considered using a "model 2" deployment [1] where Jackrabbit
is run under a different classloader than your application? That way
you can use the latest Lucene version in your application while
Jackrabbit still uses 2.4.x.

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/deployment-models.html

Jukka Zitting

View raw message