jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Latest Jackrabbit performance test results
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:42:48 GMT
Hi,

Results from a performance test run from last night:

http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/report-2011-08-25/report.html

Some remarks:

* The BigFileReadTest results are pretty fascinating. It looks like
the set of ten 100MB test files fits into the OS buffer cache (the
test computer has 4GB RAM) and unlike in previous Jackrabbit versions
we can now for some reason avoid invalidating that cache. Or was there
some other recent DataStore change that I missed?

* We have a notable regression in concurrent read and read/write
performance. I'll file a blocker issue for that, to be fixed before
Jackrabbit 2.3.

* Also login performance is down, most likely due to extra access
control stuff. We had a similar issue before 2.2 when some cache setup
was taking a lot of time. Perhaps something similar is happening
again.

* Massive performance improvements for SetProperty and
UpdateManyChildNodes tests. I'm not sure which of the recent changes
is giving this performance boost.

* And as expected from JCR-2835, SQL2 descendant search performance is
way better than in 2.2 (note that we backported this change to 2.2.1).

BR,

Jukka Zitting