jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Suat Gönül <suatgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Failed to get values of URI typed properties
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:33:13 GMT
Hi everybody,

I can create a URI typed property for a node and set its value by a code
snippet as follows:
*
Node n;
//somehow initialize the node
String uriprop = "uriprop";
String val = "http://www.example.org";
n.setProperty(uriprop, val, PropertyType.URI);*

After this code, when I try to get the value I set with the code below,
"javax.jcr.ValueFormatException: Unknown value type 11" exception is thrown.
*
Property p = n.getProperty(uriprop);
p.getValue();*

Is this a bug, or is there any way to get values of URI typed properties?

BTW, I also tried set the value through
*session.getValueFactory().createValue(val,
PropertyType.URI), *but this code also throws the same exception. I also
tried to obtain string value with *p.getString(), *but again the same
exception.

As far as I see, this property is not handled in *
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.value.SerialValueFactory* class though I am not
sure it is the exact responsible class from the property value retrieval.

Best,
Suat