jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Cosmin Lehene <cleh...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: NoSql Support
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:46:08 GMT
Thanks Jukka,

Depending on the data layout different solutions are possible.

If there's a finite depth of the tree than one or more final levels could
be encoded in a single row. There's virtually an infinite number of
columns you could have on a single row (by default limited to 250MB)
If more than one row needs update an optimistic locking mechanism could be
employed.

Again, it depends on the constraints (tree depth, nodes per level number,
etc.)

Cosmin