jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [j3] Repository MicroKernel API draft
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:08:02 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> Otherwise the discussion is essentially hot air against hot air.

Agreed on the performance part. More notably, I'd say that the
performance or memory overhead of JSON vs. noJSON is pretty much
irrelevant when compared to the disk or network delays that we in any
case need to worry about.

What I do worry though, and why I did bring this up in the first
place, is that the API being defined ends up being as easy and
straightforward to use for key clients, as that's a major part in
deciding whether the API is successful or not. Personally, with the
assumption that I'll be writing notable parts of the higher-level
components on top of the microkernel, I'd much prefer a type-safe API
that doesn't require major string processing.

BR,

Jukka Zitting