jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] MicroKernel API: Provide means for commit message
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:44:03 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> I think we should provide means for having a commit message. That message
> should also go to the journal such that it can be retrieved by calling
> getRevisions(). See attached patch for details.

In the interest of keeping the microkernel API as lean as possible,
would it make sense to use special properties or subtrees of a
repository root node (not necessarily the workspace root node) for
this kind of information?

That would require some adaptation of the commit() call, for example
instead of specifying the path that's modified the diff would always
apply to the entire repository.

BR,

Jukka Zitting