jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Node.getNode and Session.getNode specification
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:57:43 GMT
hi david

did you read section "3.4.4 Absolute and Relative Paths" in the
jsr 283 specification? from my point of view this section quite
nicely puts the differences between absolute and relative paths.

as a rule of thumb i think it's fair to say that relative paths
are used to access an item from another (or creating it).
in contrast absolute paths are used in the other situations;
be it accessing a item from the session or across workspace
or for all kind of item manipulation within the various *Manager classes.

hope that helps
angela