jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Draier <tdra...@jahia.com>
Subject Custom NodeTypeInstanceHandler
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:21:40 GMT
Hi,

I have a requirement about adding new custom system properties
(protected and auto-generated). Currently the NodeTypeInstanceHandler
class is responsible of generating these properies at node creation
time. If you introduce a new protected property in your custom
definition, it will just take the default value and cannot be modified
afterwards. Allowing customization of the NodeTypeInstanceHandler
would allow to use something else than the default value from the
definition, and would give more sense to custom protected properties.
It would also allow to change the behavior of some system properties
like jcr:created, jcr:lastModified, jcr:etag (which is not implemented
right now)
What would you think of introducing a configurable factory for the
NodeTypeInstanceHandler ? This could be added to the workspace config,
allowing more flexibility on how we initialize the default values.

Thomas