jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Berry van Halderen <b.vanhalde...@1hippo.com>
Subject Re: New Jackrabbit committers
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:25:12 GMT
On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> On behalf of the Jackrabbit PMC I'm happy to welcome Berry van
> Halderen and Thomas Draier as new Jackrabbit committers and PMC
> members!. Both have earned merit through sustained high-quality
> contributions, and we're excited to have them join the team.
>
> Berry and Thomas, it's customary for new committers to introduce
> themselves, so it would be great if you could share a few words about
> who you are and what brings you to Jackrabbit.

First of all thank you for having me in your midst.  I'll do my best to
participate in improving JackRabbit in co-operation. I've not been
that talkative either on the list, which is one of the points on my
to-be-improved-upon list. So a short introduction;  Relating to
JackRabbit i've been at Hippo to raise an extended repository
that includes workflow and some other specific features and to
build a CMS upon this.  Some of the stuff is tightly integrated in
JackRabbit code and it would be best if some of the ideas are
carried in some way into the shared code base.
Nearly all software I've wrote for the past 8-9 years has been
open-source and most things related to Apache projects.
To introduce me as a person, I'm dutch, 41yr, engaged, father
of two, and I've been hacking around since childhood.

For now, back to work and I go look what to commit first...

\Berry