jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 2.2.4
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:46:47 GMT

I agree, let's cut 2.2.4 as it is. Here's my vote : +1 :)

And I hope, for my sake and other's with non-standard configs, that 2.2.5 will be right behind
:)

Regards,
  Serge...

On 14 févr. 2011, at 14:18, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 02/14/2011 01:45 PM, Serge Huber wrote:
>> I must say I'm not very familiar with the process. Is it possible to
>> release a 2.2.4 that includes this fix or is it too late in the
>> process ? Otherwise I would say let's cut 2.2.4 as it is and prepare
>> this for 2.2.5.
>
> I like to upgrade the version number whenever a new release candidate is made to avoid
confusion. For example we cancelled the 2.2.3 release vote and cut the 2.2.4 candidate instead
to get the somewhat critical deadlock and database journal fixes included.

> Version numbers are cheap and it's not a big deal to re-cut a release, but in this case
I think the benefit is not worth the trouble of a separate vote.