jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Fabrizio Giustina <fgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: InMemPersistenceManager deprecated?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:09:00 GMT
Hi,
I found out the solution by myself some time after my question: yes,
there is already a better replacement, which is the standard bundle
filesytem persistence manager.

There is a way to set it up using a memory filesystem... looks like
it's not really well documented, but after some digging into
jackrabbit sources I found out that setting the obscure
"blobFSBlockSize" property to 1 does the trick (not sure what the
value should mean, but I found out in the code that the value = 1 make
the persistence manager use the filesystem configured in the xml
config instead of a local filesystem).

This is a full working config that uses an in-memory BundleFsPersistenceManager:

<Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.mem.MemoryFileSystem">
    </FileSystem>
    <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleFsPersistenceManager">
      <param name="blobFSBlockSize" value="1" /><!-- store in memory -->
    </PersistenceManager>
    <SearchIndex class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
      [...]
      <param name="directoryManagerClass"
value="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.directory.RAMDirectoryManager"
/>
      <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.mem.MemoryFileSystem">
      </FileSystem>
    </SearchIndex>
  </Workspace>

cheers
fabrizio

2011/2/10 Grégory Joseph <gregory.joseph@magnolia-cms.com>:
> Hi guys,
>
> Same question as Fabrizio below - is there an alternative, or any plan to have a non-deprecated
InMemPersistenceManager ?
> (As long as it works, I shouldn't care much about the deprecatedness, but it's just clogging
the logs, so I'd rather be sure I can really shunt those logs down during tests)