jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From John Langley <langleyatw...@gmail.com>
Subject patch for org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.xmlDomUtil
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:29:41 GMT
Attached is a patch I'd like to propose for DomUtils.java
It does two things.
1) it adds a "catch" for an exception that can occur when xerces is on your
classpath and the createFactory() method runs (at init time). Apparently the
xerces version of DocumentBuilderFactory doesn't support this method.
2) it adds a method that allows us to inject a customized version of the
DocumentBuilderFactory. You may want to inject a DocumentBuilderFactory if
you want to make have a local catalog resolver used for xml validation. In
practice we use this technique to address this issue:
http://www.w3.org/blog/systeam/2008/02/08/w3c_s_excessive_dtd_traffic

I'd love feedback by a commiter if something needs to be changed and then it
would be great if someone would submit it for me.

Thanks

-- Langley