jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 2.2.4
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:18:46 GMT

On 02/14/2011 01:45 PM, Serge Huber wrote:
> I must say I'm not very familiar with the process. Is it possible to
> release a 2.2.4 that includes this fix or is it too late in the
> process ? Otherwise I would say let's cut 2.2.4 as it is and prepare
> this for 2.2.5.

I like to upgrade the version number whenever a new release candidate is
made to avoid confusion. For example we cancelled the 2.2.3 release vote
and cut the 2.2.4 candidate instead to get the somewhat critical
deadlock and database journal fixes included.

Version numbers are cheap and it's not a big deal to re-cut a release,
but in this case I think the benefit is not worth the trouble of a
separate vote.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message