jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DataStoreException on Windows XP
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:03:40 GMT
Hi,

Jukka Zitting  wrote
> Hi,
>
> On 02/01/2011 01:48 PM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> we have some tests that run perfectly fine on Mac OS X (and other unix
>> systems) but fail reproducable on windows XP. With JR 2.2.0 we get:
>>
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: Failed to update
>> record
>> modified date: 2ac72495fd1e270777821b8a872903c79c84a8d9
>
> Sounds like a virus scanner or some other low-level file system
> mechanism that interferes with file operations on Windows.

I turned of the virus scanner, still the same problem; it's a standard
XP and others have reported the same problem with XP.

My first thought was that it's not possible to set the last modified to
the future (for whatever reason) - but I could remove this from the list
of suspects with a test.

What else could go wrong? I couldn't find any real reason why a
setLastModified should fail.

Regards
Carsten
--