jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: ids and locality
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:59:17 GMT
Hi,

>If the node id would directly map the storage location on a media, then
>you would either need to do in-place-updates (which are very problematic
>for many reasons), or you would always need to update all parent nodes
>(including the root) if you update a node, which is also problematic,
>specially if you store the data in a relational database.

I forgot: if the node id would directly map the storage location on a
media, and the node is changed (therefore stored somewhere else), you
would also have to update all nodes that reference the given node in some
way. And / or the node id couldn't be used as the node identifier (like we
do now).

Regards,
Thomas