jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Clemens Wyss <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject AW: o.a.jr.c.p.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager not "compatible" with o.a.jr.c.p.db.DerbyPersistenceManager?
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:34:20 GMT
> So s/db/bundle/ and this should work.
I can confirm that bundle and pool cope well !

Then we at Sling should switch from "db" to "bundle" ;-)
Sling (launchpad), per default (upon bootstrapping), still creates a repository.xml with "db"...

Von: justinedelson@gmail.com [mailto:justinedelson@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Justin Edelson
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. Dezember 2010 16:14
An: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: o.a.jr.c.p.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager not "compatible" with o.a.jr.c.p.db.DerbyPersistenceManager?

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Jukka Zitting <jzitting@adobe.com<mailto:jzitting@adobe.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

On 09/12/10 15:54, Clemens Wyss wrote:
I create a copy of a jackrabbit repository with
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryCopier (using
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager).

Trying to access this copy with
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DerbyPersistenceManager
fails.

Testcase:
1) create a repository.xml file with org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager
2) start/stop jackrabbit
3) change repository.xml to org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DerbyPersistenceManager
4) start jackrabbit

I don't understand why pooled access should yield different persisted
data...

Bug or feature?

Bug, the only difference between these persistence managers should be the way they manage
the database connection.

Can you file an issue about this with more details like the exact error messages you're seeing
and the Jackrabbit version you're using?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

I hate to contradict Jukka, but I'm under the impression that o.a.j.core.persistence.db.*
use a different schema than o.a.j.core.persistence.pool.*. o.a.j.core.persistence.pool.* uses
the same scheme as o.a.j.core.persistence.bundle.*.

So s/db/bundle/ and this should work.

o.a.j.core.persistence.db.* is deprecated now (see JCR-2802)

Justin