jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] One Project
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:07:14 GMT
Hi,

At some point we need to discuss where to start with Jackrabbit 3. I guess
the most important deliverable is an embedded (not server; that is, no
remoting) JCR 2.0 repository that uses a database as the storage backend.
This would be 'one project' as I wrote in the subject (and one jar file).

The question is how we want to re-use existing Jackrabbit 2 modules (or
generally "code") within Jackrabbit 3. Personally, at the beginning I
would favor "copy code when needed", because only this approach allows to
really refactor the code without risking to break Jackrabbit 2. I think we
should continue to develop and change Jackrabbit 2 as if Jackrabbit 3
doesn't exist, at least at the beginning (things may be different later
on).

Regards,
Thomas