jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <jus...@justinedelson.com>
Subject Re: o.a.jr.c.p.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager not "compatible" with o.a.jr.c.p.db.DerbyPersistenceManager?
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:13:45 GMT
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Jukka Zitting <jzitting@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 09/12/10 15:54, Clemens Wyss wrote:
>
>> I create a copy of a jackrabbit repository with
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryCopier (using
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager).
>>
>> Trying to access this copy with
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DerbyPersistenceManager
>> fails.
>>
>> Testcase:
>> 1) create a repository.xml file with
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager
>> 2) start/stop jackrabbit
>> 3) change repository.xml to
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DerbyPersistenceManager
>> 4) start jackrabbit
>>
>> I don't understand why pooled access should yield different persisted
>> data...
>>
>> Bug or feature?
>>

> Bug, the only difference between these persistence managers should be the
> way they manage the database connection.
>
> Can you file an issue about this with more details like the exact error
> messages you're seeing and the Jackrabbit version you're using?
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

I hate to contradict Jukka, but I'm under the impression that
o.a.j.core.persistence.db.* use a different schema than
o.a.j.core.persistence.pool.*. o.a.j.core.persistence.pool.* uses the same
scheme as o.a.j.core.persistence.bundle.*.

So s/db/bundle/ and this should work.

o.a.j.core.persistence.db.* is deprecated now (see JCR-2802)

Justin