jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] One Project
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 10:32:07 GMT
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Stefan Guggisberg
> <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
>> <aklimets@adobe.com> wrote:
>>> On 30.11.10 20:59, "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklimets@adobe.com> wrote:
>>> ...Except for: it should be easier to plugin things like custom ACLproviders
>>> or Persistence Managers.
>>
>> sure, do you now of any serious db engine where the persistence layer
>> is pluggable?...
>
> See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/storage-engines.html for example.

got me ;) i guess i wasn't clear enough, sorry. i interpreted "easier
to plugin"
with "dynamically plugin" or "hot pluggable".

FWIW: the 'pluggable' storage engines concept of mysql comes at a
certain cost.
see e.g. [1] for related comments.

when i could go back in time i wouldn't make PersistanceManager a
public api anymore ;)

cheers
stefan

[1] http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2010/05/08/the-doom-of-multiple-storage-engines/