jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: backwards-incompatible change in AccessManager
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 15:15:29 GMT
Hi,

On 07/12/10 15:36, Justin Edelson wrote:
> FWIW, this was in micro release, which is why I thought it was worth
> asking about.

Hmm, good point. It looks like I messed up there. :-(

Reading the commit log it looks like I was trying to merge the JCR-2630
fix but needed also the r950440 changes from JCR-2573 as a dependency of
that fix. I obviously should have been much more selective when
backporting those changes.

> I'm happy to adapt Sling to accommodate this change. I was just
> asking for suggestions on how to handle cases where the behavior of
> the single-argument method was already defined.

The javadoc diff describes the change in how the method is used:

     - Determines whether the item at the specified absolute
     - path can be read.
     + Determines whether the item with the specified
     + Either of the two parameters may be <code>null</code>.

If this is troublesome for the patch upgrade, please file a bug about
that and I'll look at reverting the unneeded parts of the merged r950440
changes. We can then push a fixed version out as 2.1.4.

PS. We should probably look at automating API compatibility tests with
something like Clirr to avoid problems like this.

BR,

Jukka Zitting