jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: backwards-incompatible change in AccessManager
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:27:16 GMT
Hi,

On 07/12/10 15:03, Justin Edelson wrote:
> Was this change intentional? If so, is there any guidance on how to
> retain some level of backwards compatibility?

As a general rule we only guarantee JCR and jackrabbit-api compatibility
across major and minor releases.

We try to keep also internal jackrabbit-core interfaces like
PersistenceManager and AccessManager fairly stable, but every now and
then we need to change those to achieve various benefits. It's expected
that people who customize such internal components keep track of the
developments within jackrabbit-core and are ready to adapt their code as
needed or to suggest (and implement) alternatives that don't require
changing the interfaces.

BR,

Jukka Zitting