jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] One Project
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:05:44 GMT
On 30.11.10 15:58, "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
>I am of course completely ok with this. I just don't like the idea
>that the remoting would be moved to Sling, where Jackrabbit users are
>forced to use Sling as well. So, apart from better remoting, which of
>course I cannot be against, my -1 was primarily meant for moving the
>remoting layer away from Jackrabbit into Sling.

I didn't directly propose to "move" the remoting to Sling. That was meant
more for discussion instead of voting ;-).

The idea was, that if you use a web app framework, it probably comes with
its own remoting (in many cases app-specific, restful interfaces). Which
highlights the point that Jackrabbit should concentrate on the JCR
implementation, not on JCR applications - with a WebDAV layer being such
an app as well.

So for modularization this gives a clear cut point. JCR implementation
stuff (core) and JCR apps and libraries using the api (webdav, utilities
in commons, etc.) should never get into one single, big module.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek