jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Raffaele Sena <raff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit performance in multi threaded environment
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:06:57 GMT
If you are really curious you can take a thread dump of your application or
your Jackrabbit server ( kill -QUIT <process> ) and see where they are
waiting.

I had a similar problem. Not sure about the real cause but my guess is that
even (and especially) if you have different sessions, if the "save" requests
are running in parallel Jackrabbit needs to check and make sure that they
are not operating on the same nodes (and depending on the operation the same
parents).

As I said I had a similar problem but in my situation I only had to rewrite
different nodes with data cached in memory so I "solved" it by adding a
worker thread, adding the request to a queue and freeing my main threads.