jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] One Project
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:58:06 GMT
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>So, -1 from my pov.
>
> My +1 was for concentrating Jackrabbit 3 on the persistence architecture
> at the beginning. I agree remoting is important (for both Jackrabbit 2 and
> 3), but (as far as I know) at least at the beginning we could use the
> Jackrabbit 2 remoting for Jackrabbit 3 as well. That's what I would do.
> (Long term, I would probably try to implement faster remoting, something
> that doesn't use XML, but that could still be over HTTP.)

I am of course completely ok with this. I just don't like the idea
that the remoting would be moved to Sling, where Jackrabbit users are
forced to use Sling as well. So, apart from better remoting, which of
course I cannot be against, my -1 was primarily meant for moving the
remoting layer away from Jackrabbit into Sling.

Regards Ard

--
Hippo
USA  • San Francisco  185 H Street Suite B  •  Petaluma CA 94952-5100