jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <kazim_ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Jackrabbit performance in multi threaded environment
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 20:37:52 GMT

Search was taking too long with a where clause on date field.
We have startDate and endDate properties associated to our custom file node
(an extension of nt:file). When document is detached, we set the endDate on
the custom file node.

Even though startDate and endDate were indexed, the search was freezing
everything while multiple threads doing several types of operations
simultaniously. Maybe search based on date fields is not a good idea.

My select does not have where clause on dates anymore, I search nodes
without date filter and then filter them in my code.

Thanks,
KS.