jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <kazim_ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Jackrabbit performance in multi threaded environment
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 19:39:35 GMT

While testing jackrabbit performance, I am running multiple thread.
Few threads are loading documents, few are fetching them and few are
updating properties on nodes.

Initially I was loggin into repository with adminId/admin for all requests
and there was deadlock for all threads so nothing was moving.
Then I changed the login so only threads that need to modify properties or
load documents are logging in as admin and rest are logging as anonimous
(read only mode), things started moving but still performance decreases alot
when threads count is increased. Even only 10 threads of each operation
(load, fetch, modify) take alot of toll on performance.

Please shed some light on concurrent access to repository and suggest any
solutions. Or point me to some link that talks about this issue.

Thanks,
KS