I was doing some profiling on our application which uses Jackrabbit-2.1.0 and noticed that there were an awful lot of java.lang.ref.Finalizer objects hanging around. Digging around I found the culprit was a finalize method on SessionImpl. While I can see what it is trying to do (close the session if you have not called logout) , I have found in the past that on application servers, finalize should be avoided for objects that are created and deleted frequently, as the GC behavior and object allocation is severely impacted, and because of the number of references held by the session this seems like it could keep a lot more in memory than needed a lot longer. (for more info see http://www.fasterj.com/articles/finalizer1.shtml ). What are your thoughts on refactoring this bit of code.
Thanks,
Doug

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.