Thanks for replying,

The reason i am not passing stream directly is i have to explode zip file directly into the content repository.

While i exploding zipStream i already have contents in the memory and to avoid extra overhead of writing contents to file system and than storing back into repository.

There is one more reason I cannot explode zip file into temporary folder and than write into repository again is due to cloud architecture constraints.

I will surely try the workaround suggested by you people.

Thanks,
Bhavesh R Bhanushali

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@day.com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Bhavesh Bhanushali
<b.r.bhanushali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am newbie in using jackrabbit, I am facing a strange issue when i am
> storing and retrieving images from jackrabbit. The text in the images
> fetched are garbled and size is reduced.
>
> I apologize if i am sending to wrong mailing list. I tried to subscribe to
> user's mailing list but it is throwing errors.
>
> Meanwhile, here is the strange problem.
>
> The image is stored into jackrabbit by using following piece of code
>
> -----
>  Node fileNode = contentNode.addNode(content.getFileName(),
> NodeType.NT_FILE);
>                                 Node _fileContentNode =
> fileNode.addNode(JcrConstants.JCR_CONTENT, NodeType.NT_RESOURCE);
>
>  _fileContentNode.setProperty(JcrConstants.JCR_MIMETYPE,
> content.getMimeType());
>
>  _fileContentNode.setProperty(JcrConstants.JCR_DATA,
> ValueFactoryImpl.getInstance().createBinary(new
> ByteArrayInputStream(IOUtils.toByteArray(content.getFile().getInputStream()))));

just a detail, but ...  why don't you pass the stream directly?

e.g.
InputStream stream = content.getFile().getInputStream();
try {
   _fileContentNode.setProperty(JcrConstants.JCR_DATA,
ValueFactoryImpl.getInstance().createBinary(stream));
} finally {
   IOUtils. closeQuietly(stream);
}

cheers