jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Local vs Remote access while creating Namespace and Node Types
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:27:11 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 5:07 PM, kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com
<kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Question 1: This namespace (created as local access) is not visible in
> remote access when I run standalone server and use RMI API, why?

It seems likely that your standalone server is not accessing the same
repository as the one you created locally. Please double-check your
configuration.

The RMI layer simply proxies the remote JCR API calls to the server,
so there's no reason why it would behave differently than a local
client as long as you're actually accessing the same repository.

This most likely explains all the other oddities you mentioned.

BR,

Jukka Zitting