jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 2.1.2 and 2.0.3 release plans
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:26:50 GMT
Hi,

At work we have a need for backporting the JCR-2699 improvements back
to the 2.1 and 2.0 branches. I'd like to push these changes to our
maintenance branches and push them out in the 2.1.2 and 2.0.3 patch
releases. This would be against our preference to avoid other than
low-risk bugfix changes in patch releases, but I believe the benefits
of the JCR-2699 improvements outweight the increased risk of
regressions. The changes are internal to jackrabbit-core, so there
won't be any deployment impact or potential for
backwards-compatibility issues.

Unless anyone objects, I plan to cut both of these releases early next
week. See the issue tracker for the other fixes targeted for these
patch releases, and feel free to tag other (already fixed) issues for
backporting if you think they should be included.

BR,

Jukka Zitting