jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: Images problem in jackrabbit
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:00:24 GMT
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Bhavesh Bhanushali
<b.r.bhanushali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am newbie in using jackrabbit, I am facing a strange issue when i am
> storing and retrieving images from jackrabbit. The text in the images
> fetched are garbled and size is reduced.
>
> I apologize if i am sending to wrong mailing list. I tried to subscribe to
> user's mailing list but it is throwing errors.
>
> Meanwhile, here is the strange problem.
>
> The image is stored into jackrabbit by using following piece of code
>
> -----
>  Node fileNode = contentNode.addNode(content.getFileName(),
> NodeType.NT_FILE);
>                                 Node _fileContentNode =
> fileNode.addNode(JcrConstants.JCR_CONTENT, NodeType.NT_RESOURCE);
>
>  _fileContentNode.setProperty(JcrConstants.JCR_MIMETYPE,
> content.getMimeType());
>
>  _fileContentNode.setProperty(JcrConstants.JCR_DATA,
> ValueFactoryImpl.getInstance().createBinary(new
> ByteArrayInputStream(IOUtils.toByteArray(content.getFile().getInputStream()))));

just a detail, but ...  why don't you pass the stream directly?

e.g.
InputStream stream = content.getFile().getInputStream();
try {
    _fileContentNode.setProperty(JcrConstants.JCR_DATA,
ValueFactoryImpl.getInstance().createBinary(stream));
} finally {
    IOUtils. closeQuietly(stream);
}

cheers