jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@day.com>
Subject Re: Digest authentication support patch
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:52:27 GMT
Hi Douglas,

could you please create a JIRA issue for this enhancement request?

that will make it easier to track.

regards
 marcel

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 18:46, Douglas Jose <douglasjose@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have extended Jackrabbit to allow HTTP digest authentication through WebDAV, as Windows
7 can't connect to a WebDAV repository using basic authentication. I would like to contribute
to the project with this feature.
> The implementation is based on Tomcat's source code (I have used it as a reference to
implement the same authentication handling in Jackrabbit). I hope that's not a problem.

> In order to enable the digest authentication, you need to:
>
> - Change the WebDAV servlet from 'org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.SimpleWebdavServlet' to
'org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.DigestWebdavServlet' in the web.xml file;
> - Change the LoginModule to 'org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.DigestLoginModule'
in the repository.xml file
> - Add the parameter 'passwordsFile' to the DigestLoginModule with the path of the passwords
file.
> - Add to the passwords file created above the user id and the password digest. The utility
DigestPasswordUtil in the jackrabbit-jcr-commons project can be used to generate the entry
to be appended to the passwords file.

> java -cp target/jackrabbit-jcr-commons-2.2-SNAPSHOT.jar org.apache.jackrabbit.util.DigestPasswordUtil
user realm password

> The DigestLoginModule configuration is optional, I believe the DigestWebdavServlet should
work normally with the SimpleLoginModule which accepts any credentials.