jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <kazim_ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Browse Jackrabbit repository using UUID
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 15:31:44 GMT

I want to use UUID and not path, because, I think somewhere in memory whole
path needs to be created if you fetch documents by path and fetching by UUID
is supposed to be faster.
I also read somewhere that performance starts degrading when there are alot
of child nodes under a parent. In my application documents will be added
pretty rapidly through automated procedures. I assume too many child nodes
will not have an effect while fetching by UUID.

I know there are suggestions to use dates in path to overcome the problem of
too many child nodes gathering under one parent, but it might not be
possible in my case.

About the "References considered harmful" link that you suggested... I am
not referencing the mix:referencable node from anywhere, I am just making it
mix:referencable to assign it a UUID and it is a node of type
JcrConstants.NT_FILE which is child of a node type JcrConstants.NT_FOLDER,
while folder node is not referencing file node, so no referencial intigrity
involved I guess.

Just started looking at jackrabbit last week, pretty new to it, so i might
be wgong about my assumption above.