Hi all,

I wondering if there are any plans in short term to upgrade lucene version. Unfortunately this is a big drawback for us, because we are using jackrabbit in the same project with hibernate search framework which uses the same lucene framework but newer version 2.9.3.  There is already JCR-2415 on jira about upgrading to the lucene version 3.x but it is not scheduled and not even assigned.
After short research I have seen that biggest changes between 2.4.1 and 2.9.3 are related to the org.apache.lucene.search.Weight which is now an abstract class instead of interface and the signature of "scorer" method. If you are aware about more complex problems please let me know, otherwise I would try to make the lucene upgrade locally.

thank you,
Regards.
Dumitru Ciubenco