jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About OCM-43
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:09:30 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Jérôme Verstrynge <jverstry@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to JackRabbit. I have just registered to the mailing list. I was
> googling about OCM and its absence from 2.1.1 code. Finally found
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OCM-43?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel.
>
> I tried the jackrabbit-ocm-1.5.3-upgrade-to-2.1.1.patch from Kadir Alaca on
> trunk code and confirm it compiles and passes all JUnit tests.

Thanks for the confirmation! I just applied the pending patch and
marked OCM-43 as resolved.

> It seems like the plan is to move OCM code in JackRabbit JCR Commons,
> correct? Do you want me to create a patch for this (including Kadir's)?

See http://markmail.org/message/fbx5jrzibva2r3pt for the current
status of OCM. In hindsight it seems like the decision to move OCM and
other similar codebases outside the main Jackrabbit trunk has just
caused unnecessary complexity and confusion, so we may want to
consider reverting that decision just like we already did for
components like JCR-RMI and JCR Servlets.

> P.S.: I have never developed code for ASF. Do I need to fill some agreement
> to join the JackRabbit project?

No formal agreements are needed to get started. If you end up making
substantial contributions, then we'll need a contributor license
agreement [1] from you. See [2] for pointers to more information.

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting