jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Hugo Lassi├Ęge (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JCR-2679) Lock Problem when accessing JCR
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 11:30:56 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2679?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12904998#action_12904998
] 

Hugo Lassi├Ęge commented on JCR-2679:
------------------------------------

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. The application is in production and we didn't reproduce the problem
in a test environment that's why we are not always fast to answer as a modification in the
production environment is not so easy to schedule.

The last thing we tried was to separate the datasource used for jackrabbit and for the other
part of the application. So now, we have two datasource. 

But we still had crash regularly. 
We are quite reluctant to use normal jdbc connection as we need to use the transactionnal
XA datasource provided by Jboss. 

And the problem of the pool sizing is quite weird as it seems to be only the symptom of the
problem and not the cause. The datasource is not overloaded, we use maybe 5 or 6 connections
maximum. It's only when Jackrabbit crash that the number of connexion and the number of threads
increases dramatically. And I suppose it's because there is a lot of threads waiting to acquire
a lock somewhere. 


We are seeking for any help, even a quick and dirty workaround. 
Do you know if we can set up a configuration in log4j that could help you to understand the
problem ?
Do you know if an upgrade to jackrabbit 2.1 could be helpful (the connexion management was
changed in 2.0) ?
Do you have any feedback about the use of jackrabbit in Jboss Context and with a XA datasource
?





> Lock Problem when accessing JCR
> -------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-2679
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2679
>             Project: Jackrabbit Content Repository
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: jackrabbit-jca, transactions
>    Affects Versions: 1.5.3, 1.6.2
>         Environment: JBOSS 4.2.3 on jre 1.5.0_15 with XA transactions and Oracle10g
>            Reporter: Laurent Prevosto
>         Attachments: repository-prod.xml, thread_dump.txt, workspace.xml
>
>
> Hi,
> We're using Jackrabbit 1.6.2 as an internal CMS in an application we developped.
> It runs in JBOSS 4.2.3 on jre 1.5.0_15 with XA transactions and Oracle10g
> We have about 15 users adding / deleting files in the repository.
> 30 others just do read only CMS access and other stuff.
> Things work fine except that sometimes, suddenly everything gets stuck and all we have
left is those kind of errors :
> [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.NodeIteratorImpl] : Exception retrieving Node
with UUID : XXXXXXX-XXX-etc: javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException: XXXXXXX-XXX-etc
> All our JCR connections are now dead. If we restart JBOSS, things get back to normal,
until the next crash.
> It looks like the bug usually happens when this kind of sequence takes place (though
that may not be the only one) :
> XA transaction begins
> filenode1 gets deleted
> filenode2 gets deleted
> other oracle stuff takes place... and fails
> XA rollbacks.
> => JCR is dead.
> At that point, "touching" the datasource has it reinitialised by JBOSS but unfortunately
the lock is still there : JBOSS has to be restarted.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message