jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jukka Zitting (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (JCR-569) WorkspaceImporter Refactoring
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:33:33 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-569?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Jukka Zitting resolved JCR-569.
-------------------------------

    Resolution: Won't Fix

Resolving as Won't Fix, as the use case for the proposed changes has since been addressed
in a different way with the RepositoryCopier class.

> WorkspaceImporter Refactoring
> -----------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-569
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-569
>             Project: Jackrabbit Content Repository
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: jackrabbit-core
>            Reporter: Nicolas Toper
>            Assignee: Jukka Zitting
>         Attachments: GenericImporter.patch, SysViewImporter.patch, WorkspaceImporter.patch,
WorkspaceImporter.patch, WorkspaceImporter.patch
>
>
> Hi,
> As you know, I have run into an issue with the backup tool using the WorkspaceImporter.
I ended up copy/pasting large body of code since the current WorkspaceImporter was not flexible
enough for my use (in my class called SysViewImporter). This solution was perfectly valid
for Google SoC (a lot of time constraints) but unacceptable in the long run for any project
(we hate large body of duplicate code :p).
> Also, some issues have been raised with this class (i.e. jcr:root importation, allowsSameNameSiblings
issue). 
> Overall I feel this class  is circumvoluted and really hard to understand. For instance,
the current code contains at most 5 imbricated if and uses a lot of different ways to pass
information (stacks, objects set on null). 
> I tried to refactor my SysViewImporter and the WorkspaceImporter but it implies a new
code for the WorkspaceImporter and the SysViewImporter. Here is its skeleton! I first wanted
to gather the community feedback before stepping in. I tried moving all "work code" away from
the startNode method and reorganise it for readilibility.
> Please give me your feedback.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message