jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r985273 - in /jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core: ./ state/ version/
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:31:03 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Stefan Guggisberg
<stefan.guggisberg@day.com> wrote:
> sorry, but i don't agree with these changes.
> ItemState classes IMO shouldn't have any
> knowledge of node type semantics.

OK, I'll move them away from there.

My main point with this commit was to get rid of the
NodeTypeInstanceHandler member variable in SessionImpl. That class
only contained the single computeSystemGeneratedPropertyValues()
method, which was essentially a static helper method. Turning it into
a member of NodeState seemed like a straightforward approach and the
extra method in PropertyState helped simplify calling code. You're
right in that I did fail to consider the overall design of the
ItemState classes, so I agree that the method should rather be
elsewhere.

How about putting the logic into NodeTypeRegistry?

BR,

Jukka Zitting