jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workspace clone jackrabbit 2.1 not in line with jsr-283
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:04:24 GMT
Dear Mr. Hakim,

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Parvez Hakim <parvez12@gmail.com> wrote:
> It clearly mentions that to make a node shareable we need to write
> W.clone(“W”, “/A/B/C”, “/X/Y/Z”, false)
>
> But I get below error :-
> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: default: illegal workspace (same as
> current) , caused in org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.WorkspaceImpl

The SPI layer in Jackrabbit, that's used for example by the WebDAV
remoting code, does not yet fully support all JCR 2.0 features like
shareable nodes. See JCR-2099 [1] for the related open issue.

Shareable nodes are supported when you use a local Jackrabbit instance
(i.e. jackrabbit-core) or access the repository remotely through the
JCR-RMI layer.

Best regards,

Jukka Zitting