jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r985273 - in /jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core: ./ state/ version/
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:10:26 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Stefan Guggisberg
> <stefan.guggisberg@day.com> wrote:
>> sorry, but i don't agree with these changes.
>> ItemState classes IMO shouldn't have any
>> knowledge of node type semantics.
>
> OK, I'll move them away from there.

I reverted my earlier changes and committed an alternative solution in
revision 985833. The relevant code now stays in
NodeTypeInstanceHandler (with the extra helper method I added for
setting default property values), but I removed the reference from
SessionImpl to NodeTypeInstanceHandler. We may want to reintroduce
that reference later if for example we want to make the
NodeTypeInstanceHandler pluggable, but for now I'd like to avoid
keeping extra stuff in SessionImpl.

BR,

Jukka Zitting