*bump*

Surely I can't be the only one who uses custom namespaces and clustering together?

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Justin Edelson <justinedelson@gmail.com> wrote:
I got hit by JCR-1558[1] (Namespaces aren't registered on cluster nodes)
and started to look at how Sling could potentially work around this problem.

For those that don't know, in Sling, namespaces can be registered via an
OSGi bundle header (Sling-Namespaces). Namespaces registered in this
fashion are added to the Namespace Registry when a session is requested.
However, as seen in JCR-1558, this is too late - the namespace registry
needs to be populated at the time of workspace initialization. For
Sling, this is an entirely opaque process - we just call
RepositoryImpl.create() and get a Repository.

In this thread: http://markmail.org/message/r66bwh3tkzu46tam, there's
discussion of working around the problem by reregistering the custom
namespaces on node start, but I don't see how that's possible. The only
valid workaround I've found is to manually modify the ns_idx.properties
and ns_reg.properties files manually which doesn't seem like a solution
we would codify in Sling.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Justin