jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From smjain <jain...@gmail.com>
Subject Concurrent Write issues with Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:25:08 GMT

Hi All,
We see a serious Write lock contention issue when we are trying to write to
jackrabbit through different jcr sessions.

We see huge number of threads waiting on a write lock when a session.save is
done.

All threads are writing to a different part of the repository but it seems
as per the SharedItemStateManager

design we have just one Write Lock  for the entire workspace.

We tried with FineGrained Locks but that doesnt help either as it just
optimizes read and still we have a single Write lock.

Thoughts/Suggestions

Regards
Shashank