jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From mikewied <mikew...@comcast.net>
Subject failed to write bundle: deadbeef-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 19:54:24 GMT

I am developing an application to connect to a jackrabbit repository held in
a mysql database and export the contents in the repository to a local
filesystem. When I attempt to connect to mysql to get my files I get the
following error message below:

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.ItemStateException: failed to write bundle:
deadbeef-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
failed to instantiate shared item state manager

And the code that produces the error is below:

Repository rep = new TransientRepository();
Session session = rep.login(new SimpleCredentials(username,
password.toCharArray()));
String name = rep.getDescriptor(Repository.REP_NAME_DESC);
System.out.println("Logged in as " + username + " to a " + name + "
repository.");
Node root = session.getRootNode();

I am using the following:

jackrabbit 2.1.0
tomcat 6.0.26 (repositories were created with magnolia)
JDBC driver 5.1.6
jdk 1.6

My repositories.xml file is here:

<Repository>
  <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

  </FileSystem>
  <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
    <AccessManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager"></AccessManager>
    <LoginModule
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule">

    </LoginModule>
  </Security>
  <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore">

  </DataStore>
  <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces" defaultWorkspace="default"
/>
  <Workspace name="default">
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

    </FileSystem>
    <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager">

      <!-- warning, this is not the schema name, it's the db type -->

    </PersistenceManager>
    <SearchIndex

    </SearchIndex>
  </Workspace>
  <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

    </FileSystem>
    <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager">

      <!-- warning, this is not the schema name, it's the db type -->

    </PersistenceManager>
  </Versioning>
</Repository>

I have looked all over the internet and have been unable to find anyone else
who has both had this problem and also found a solution for it. Any ideas on
how to go about solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
- Mike